Open call for stories of Linen on the Lagan.
We are inviting people who have a connection to the Lagan Navigation and River Lagan to get involved in our annual Waterways Storymaking Festival, with prizes for the best stories.
With a theme this year of “Linen on the Lagan” a creative writing workshop will be held at Waterstones, Belfast on Wednesday 26th September 2018 between 10am and 12pm.
Olive Broderick, our creative writing facilitator, will be on hand to help get your ideas flowing and on to paper.
Spaces are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment by emailing email@example.com or calling (028) 9266 3232.
Completed stories and poems can be submitted on the day or taken away and submitted online.
The categories for the competition are:
Age 11 and Under
Age 17 and Under
Stories should be no more than 500 words and poems no more than 30 lines.
Deadline for submissions is Friday 26th October 2018 at 4pm.
The festival will be celebrated at an awards event in the Odyssey, Belfast on Friday 1st February 2019 as part of National Storytelling Week, with prize giving for selected stories and poems in each category.
Terms and Conditions – All authors and creators accept;
- Max word count for stories 500 words
- Max 30 line submission for poems
- Only original work submitted will be accepted
- Selection for eBook will be at the judging panels discretion
- Closing date for submissions is 4pm Friday 26th October 2018
- No submissions will be accepted after this date
- All submissions accept, agree and permit to works being used and published through the Lagan Navigation Trust
- No cash alternative will be offered